we're a bit nerdy when it comes to things like this, and when we came across this 60th anniversary edition, we had to have it. it's now a permanent fixture on my coffee table. something about the 50's always speaks to me...
released in 1951, this limited edition "captures the essence and creativity of the mid-century generation".
fun Colorforms® facts:
- Founded in 1951, Colorforms is one of the oldest and best-known toy brands.
- Colorforms was the first plastic based creative toy introduced in the industry.
- Colorforms was one of the first toys ever advertised on television
- A time-tested classic, Colorforms has been nominated as a "Top 100 Toy of the 20th Century" by TIA (Toy Industry Association)
- Recognized for quality safe play for over 58 years
- Colorforms is magical, playful, imaginative, creative and open-ended
- Colorforms is reusable, repositionable, and forgiving.
- It is a classic childhood experience that parents and grandparents want to share with your children.